1. Chemical Peels can peel the signs of aging from your skin. FACT
Dermatologists use chemical peels to do just this. A chemical peel can diminish many signs of aging on the face, hands, neck and chest.
2. Chemical Peels are only for old, again skin. MYTH
Chemical Peels are used to treat a number of conditions including:
3. Chemical peels are painful. MYTH
Chemical peels sting, but do not cause a great deal of pain. After treatments, there maybe redness and irritation, depending on the strength of the peel used. Creams and gels used post treatment will help to ease and reduce these effects.
4. Some patients are not good candidates for Chemical Peels. FACT
The procedure is not recommended for patients who are:
5. It is important to have your Chemical Peel administered in a Dermatology Practice. FACT
Not all offices are the same. Dermatologists are the experts in skin and specialize in all skin care procedures, including chemical peels. If administered incorrectly, negative side effects can result. At Dermatology San Antonio, all chemical peels are administered by skin care experts in a controlled environment to produce the greatest possible outcomes for our patients.